We are looking for dedicated graduate students and postdocs for Opto-electro-structural lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering, KAIST. Our projects are multidisciplinary, related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies, wireless sensing network (WSN), and optical fiber sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E) and structural health management (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircrafts. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields. All the projects are applications based with supports from the industries or government, and have great potential to be commercialized. If you are highly motivated, we want to invite you to join our research team.
- Mechatronics, Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system (Microcontroller/FPGA),
- Wireless Sensing Network, Programming (C/C++, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace,
- Mechanical engineering and/or Materials background.
- Minimum English requirement: PBT 560, CBT 220, iBT 83, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher.
- Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0.
- Top ranked domestic and international school in the applicants’ country
Financial Supports and Benefits:
- Graduate student: Full support of tuition fee + Starting monthly stipend KRW 700,000 for master course; KRW / 1,080,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction).
- Annual salary: 35,000,000 KRW (before KAIST pension, personal pension, retirement allowance deposit, tax deduction) for postdoc.
- Increment depending on research achievement.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc.
Application or Enquiry:
- The selected applicant will be engaged in Department of Aerospace Engineering as a graduate student.
- Required documents:
Detail resume with a recent photo, copies of academic certificates and English test result, one A4 pagestatement-of-purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons of application andpersonal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
- For the post-doctorate applicant, the minimum workable period should be addressed in the resume.
- Send application or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send along with your other required documents.
- Application due date: 8th March 2015 for graduate student and anytime for postdoc (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
J. R. LEE, Ph.D.
Department of Aerospace Engineering (http://oesl.kaist.ac.kr/)
KAIST, South Korea.
Manager of LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute-Korea, Jeonju, Korea